How can biochar help my plants?
- Sequesters carbon in a stable form in the ground
- It acts like a sponge and can hold more and longer water than soil
- Holds on to nutrients and releases them steadily to the plants. Less fertilizer needed, hooray!
- Increase the water infiltration, aeration, retention and decreases compaction
- Increases the amount of organic matter in soil
- Biochar reduces leaching of nitrogen into groundwater
- Provides a home for beneficial microbes!
- Reduce soil acidity (acts as a liming agent)
- Can lock heavy metals from soils (making it not available for plants)
- Improves root structure and growth.
How to use ARTi Wormcasting?
- Mix up to 50% ARTi Biochar with compost or soil.
- If possible, compost the mixture for 2 weeks and keep it moist, but not wet.
- Add 20% of the mixture under the plant.
- Sow your plants and water as usual.
- Make a healthier soil, retain more nutrients and water in your soil and see the benefits of growing with ARTi Biochar!