2 gallons of Wormcast + Biochar (50% each). Ideal mix to help plants grow healthier!
A high performing mix of wormcast with 50% Biochar, perfect blend of nitrogen and carbon. Delivers essential nutrients and micro-organisms, improves soil structure and water retention capability and holds moisture. It is recommended to use on plants and trees. By using ARTi’s Organic Animal Bedding you are also helping the environment, as our formulation is one of our best tools on the fight against climate change. It sequesters 2 times its own weight of carbon e.g. 1 lb of Biochar sequesters up to 1.5lbs of CO2.
How can biochar help my plants?
- Sequesters carbon in a stable form in the ground
- It acts like a sponge and can hold more and longer water than soil
- Holds on to nutrients and releases them steadily to the plants. Less fertilizer needed, hooray!
- Increase the water infiltration, aeration, retention and decreases compaction
- Increases the amount of organic matter in soil
- Biochar reduces leaching of nitrogen into groundwater
- Provides a home for beneficial microbes!
- Reduce soil acidity (acts as a liming agent)
- Can lock heavy metals from soils (making it not available for plants)
- Improves root structure and growth.
How to use ARTi Wormcasting?
- Mix up to 50% ARTi Biochar with compost or soil.
- If possible, compost the mixture for 2 weeks and keep it moist, but not wet.
- Add 20% of the mixture under the plant.
- Sow your plants and water as usual.
- Make a healthier soil, retain more nutrients and water in your soil and see the benefits of growing with ARTi Biochar!