What is Micronized Biochar useful for?
- Add recalcitrant (highly stable) carbon, and sequesters carbon dioxide in a virtually permanent form in the ground.
- Most importantly, by using Micronized biochar you are applying carbon containing nutrients which are held making them available for plants for longer periods of time thereby reducing the amount of nutrient loss and amount of fertilizers required.
- Infiltrates (percolates) in soils improving 4 inches down without tilling due to the particle’s microscopic size.
- Improves soil health, soil microbial life, and biodiversity.
- Eliminates odors from compost and organic fertilizer.
- Reduces compaction of heavy clay soils.
- Improves tilth and reduces soil bulk density.
- Increases soil water holding capacity.
- Reduces soil acidity (acts as a liming agent).
- Becomes more stable by forming aggregates with clay minerals.
- Helps plants resist diseases and pathogens.
- Makes an excellent addition to fertilization lines in Micronized application systems thereby reducing labor costs.
How to use ARTi Micronized Biochar?
There are two ways to apply ARTi Micronized Biochar Premium Organic :
- Apply in a Micronized solution (adding water).
- Apply as is (dry with the brush spreader and then hosing down so it goes into the soil) (be sure to not create fine particles in the air)*.
Add as much as ARTi Micronized Biochar to your soil as you would like!
It’s recommended to water after doing the application to infiltrate in the soil.
* Make sure you are using the correct spreader and it is not windy so as to not add particles to the air.
Standard application is as follows:
- Lawn: 1 gallon every 250 sq. ft. (after application, add water to infiltrate Micronized Biochar Premium Organic into the soil profile).
- Flowers and plants: 1 gallon direct application for 10 large potted plants or 50 small potted plants.
- Compost: 1 gallon every 2 cu. Yards.
There are no reviews yet.