What is Micronized Biochar useful for?
- Add recalcitrant (highly stable) carbon, and sequester carbon dioxide in a long-lasting form in the ground.
- Most importantly, by using Micronized biochar you are applying carbon holding nutrients, which makes them available for plants for longer periods of time thereby reducing the amount of nutrient loss and the amount of fertilizers required.
- Infiltrates (percolates) in soils improving 4 inches down without tilling due to the particle’s microscopic size.
- Improves soil health, soil microbial life, and biodiversity.
- Eliminates odors from compost and organic fertilizer.
- Reduces compaction of heavy clay soils.
- Improves tilth and reduces soil bulk density.
- Increases soil water holding capacity.
- Reduces soil acidity.
- Becomes more stable by forming aggregates with clay minerals.
- Helps plants resist diseases and pathogens.
- Makes an excellent addition to fertilization lines in Micronized application systems thereby reducing labor.
How to use ARTi Micronized Biochar?
To get the most out of your ARTi Micronized Biochar Premium Black, ARTi recommends applying it in two ways:
- Apply in a Micronized solution (adding water).
- Apply as is (dry with the push spreader and then hosing down into the soil)*
Add as much ARTi Micronized Biochar to your soil as you like!
It’s recommended to add water following the application to aid in infiltration in the soil.
* Make sure you are using the correct spreader and it is not windy so as to not add particles to the air.
Standard application is as follows:
- Lawn: 1 gallon every 250 sq. ft. (after application, add water to infiltrate Micronized Biochar Premium Black into the soil profile).
- Flowers and plants: 1 gallon direct application for 10 large potted plants or 50 small potted plants.
- Compost: 1 gallon every 2 cu. Yards.
There are no reviews yet.